Huntingdon, PA 16652
About Uhring's Hearing & Balance Center
Uhring's Hearing & Balance Center offers caring and responsive consultation with certified and licensed audiologists, who specialize in identification, assessment and treatment of all ear, hearing and balance disorders. They provide habilitation and rehabilitation for hearing and balance dysfunction using state-of-the-art equipment and procedures.
They offer excellent hearing aids that utilize cutting edge technologies at reasonable costs. They dedicate time and effort in prevention of hearing disorders, including noise-induced hearing loss, while providing professional, up-to-date services with integrity, honesty and compassion.
We are conveniently located on the corner of Mifflin and 2nd streets in Huntingdon.
Appointments are also available in State College by calling 814-641-4327.
Our goal is to help you achieve the very best quality hearing and vestibular health care possible by:
• Providing caring and responsive consultation with certified and licensed audiologists.
• Providing specialization in identification, assessment and treatment of all ear, hearing and balance disorders.
• Providing habilitation and rehabilitation for hearing and balance dysfunction using state-of-the-art equipment and procedures.
• Providing excellent hearing aids that utilize cutting edge technologies at reasonable costs.
• Dedicating time and effort in prevention of these disorders, including noise-induced hearing loss.
• Providing professional, up-to-date services with integrity, honesty, and compassion.
What can you expect from your initial visit to our office
• First and foremost you are treated with respect. All patients are unique and individual and will be treated as such. If you are not greeted with a smile, let me know!
• You should expect to initially spend 1-1 1/2 hours for your initial visit.
• During this visit, you will provide us with bazsic information, as well as your insurance information. We will be asking you for background information and you will be given a comprehensive audiological evaluation (hearing examination). This is not the same as a hearing screen that may be offered free at other offices.
• Should you have a hearing loss, we will enter your hearing loss into the computer and program a set of hearing aids that we feel best fit your loss and lifestyle. You should hear the difference immediately!
• We will offer you several different price ranges to choose from
• You may even qualify for a FREE two week trial.
• What is the best instrument for you? One you will wear!
• Once you have decided on instruments, you will make a down payment and then have an additional 45 days to decide if they are right for you!
• At the end of the 60 day trial period, you will then pay the remainder of the balance.
• We also offer Care Credit financing for those patients needing a payment plan.
• We recommend and schedule all of our patients for quarterly cleanings.
• Scheduled cleanings and visits are at no charge while your instrument is under warranty with the manufacturer.
• As always, you are greeted with a smile
Dr. Elise Uhring has been an audiologist for over 20 years. Prior to practicing in Huntingdon, she was the Clinic Coordinator and instructor at Penn State University from 1994 to 2008. Dr. Uhring has presented at conferences on hearing health subjects and has been published in audiology journals in the area of Auditory Processing Disorders.
Dr. Uhring completed her Undergraduate Degree in Deaf Education from Indiana University of Pennsylvania, her Masters in Audiology degree from Pennsylvania College of Optometry and Audiology.
She has managed to do all of this as well as be a wife and proud mother of two children, Andrew age 12 and AnaLise age 4.
Dr. Uhring’s previous experiences have included full time employment in an Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor’s office, a Veteran’s Administration Hospital, as well as consultant for various retirement villages. Current interests included: diagnostic audiology, digital hearing aid technology, and auditory processing disorders.
She is a member of:
• The American Academy of Audiology
• The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
• The Educational Audiology Association
• The Pennsylvania Academy of Audiology (past board member)
She is board certified by the American Academy of Audiology and is a Past Newsletter chairperson of the Pennsylvania Academy of Audiology. She maintains the highest level of knowledge and familiarization with hearing loss, new hearing aid technology and balance disorders. By attending state and national conventions and receiving continuing education credits, Dr. Uhring is familiar with the most up-to-date treatments and technology available including otoacoustic emissions and electronystagmography.
With over 20 years of clinical experience working closely with several ENT’s and many other physicians, Dr. Uhring’s has the extensive experience to professionally assess, diagnose and treat all audiological related problems. She specializes in advanced-technology hearing aids that individually fit a person’s hearing loss and in the assessment of dizziness and the treatment of vestibular problems.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE A HEARING LOSS
Make an appointment. We will carefully inspect your ear canals to see if you may have a blockage and then evaluate your hearing.
Hearing loss, if left untreated, may cause auditory deprivation.
Someone who has hearing loss or impairment may be able to hear some sounds or nothing at all.
- Hearing & Speech Clinics near Huntingdon, PA
- Hearing Aid Acousticians near Huntingdon, PA
- Hearing Assessment & Hearing Aids near Huntingdon, PA
- Hearing & Speech Rehabilitation near Huntingdon, PA
- Hearing Aid Practitioners near Huntingdon, PA
- Hearing Therapy near Huntingdon, PA
- Hearing Aids & Assistive Devices near Huntingdon, PA
- Hearing Aids & Assistive Devices & Supplies near Huntingdon, PA