More than 15 cases passed through Huntingdon County Central Court Wednesday morning, with magisterial district judge Rufus Brenneman who waived many defendants.
Public defender Amy Stoak asked Brenneman if Vincent Richardson, 23 of East Freedom, could have his bail changed to an unsecured bond, and offered house arrest as well for a first offense.
Richardson is facing charges of manufacture, delivery, possession with intent to deliver, and possession of a controlled substance.
District Attorney David Smith opposed the change in bail, due to the defendant have been part of three controlled buys. Brenneman held bail at $75,000 cash. Richardson waived his right to a preliminary hearing.
Christopher Thatcher, 36 of Huntingdon waived his preliminary hearing on the following charges: two counts of indecent exposure, two counts of open lewdness, and unlawful contact with a minor. Thatcher is also facing previous charges of indecent exposure, open lewdness, and unlawful contact with a minor.
The following waived cases were waived Wednesday:
- Anthony Felts, 37, Huntingdon, possession of a small amount of marijuana.
- Cary G. Beam, 44, Alexandria, DUI.
- Alison Polynone, 33. Stevens, possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Harry C. Fisher, 51, Huntingdon, currently confined to SCI Camp Hill, possession with intent to deliver.
- Chanalle White, 24, Huntingdon, possession of a controlled substance.
- Aleksandra Pavli, 21, Mount Union, possession with intent to deliver.
- David A. Lantz, 20, Huntingdon, fleeing or attempting to elude an officer.
- Craig Steel, 24, Huntingdon, sale or transfer of firearms.
- Crystal Prough, 45, Mapleton Depot, possession of drug paraphernalia.
The following cases were continued:
- Mindy L. Socie, 34, Altoona, DUI.
- Malik Hill, 25, Philadelphia, possession of a controlled substance.
- William Brown, 30, Robertsdale.
- Randy Atherton, 40, Mount Union, simple assault.