NIE is a cooperative effort between area schools, business partners, and The Daily News to promote the use of the newspaper as a learning tool for classroom instruction. Under the program, The Daily News and local sponsors provide copies of the newspaper to schools for use in their classrooms. Teachers will have access to the online edition of The Daily News as a teaching aid. We will also provide education programs including lesson materials. The Daily News can be used as a learning tool in every subject area and every grade level. Our goals are to impact literacy, develop life-long readers, and encourage students to make good life choices to become responsible citizens in their communities.
How your business will benefit as a Partner In Education?
• Your business will be featured in four (4) Partner In Education recognition ads to run in The Daily News and The Daily News Express during the 2016-17 school year.
• Your business will be featured as a Partner in Education on our Daily News and NIE websites throughout the 2016-2017 school year.
• Your business will receive an advertising banner and a featured business profile on The Daily News website, based on your sponsorship level.
• School superintendents, principals, teachers, students, and parents of your sponsored classrooms schools will be notified of your support.
• You will learn how students/teachers of your sponsored classrooms have used the newspaper.
• Your business will be featured on a poster in your sponsored classroom(s).
• You will receive the personal satisfaction of being involved in the education of the young people in our community.
What are the sponsorship levels?
You can choose to sponsor up to 15 classrooms during the 2016-2017 school year. The sponsorship levels include:
|Diamond||15 classrooms||$1,500||$100 per classroom|
|Platinum||8 classrooms||$1,000||$125 per classroom|
|Gold||4 classrooms||$600||$150 per classroom|
|Silver||2 classrooms||$350||$175 per classroom|
|Bronze||1 classroom||$200||$200 per classroom|