We invite you to submit your constructive opinions to the Opinion Line.
The Daily News endeavors to publish your opinion verbatim whenever possible, but reserves the right to edit or eliminate opinions that are in bad taste, potentially libelous, not substantiated by fact, repetitive, inaudible or garbled or cannot be accommodated because of space constraints.
Opinions published in the Opinion Line are limited to 150 words. Your opinion will not publish if it is more than 150 words.
Opinions are intended to foster an open exchange. Opinions may be objectionable to some readers.
Opinions reflecting the below-listed behaviors are expressly prohibited. Such opinions will be edited or removed:
Language that is profane, vulgar, in poor taste, unintelligible, threatening or that incites violence. This includes language intended to simulate profanity.
- Racial, ethnic or gender slurs.
- Name-calling or ad hominem remarks.
- Potentially libelous statements about any person or business/organization. Libel is defined as anything that is defamatory or that maliciously or damagingly misrepresents.
- Naming a private individual, except for positive opinions. A private individual is anyone not on the public/taxpayer payroll nor actively involved in the public arena - i.e. a public official.
- Opinions that promote businesses, products or services and could be considered advertising.
- Opinions about landlords, former employers, or experiences with specific businesses.
- Opinions using unintelligible, incoherent or very ambiguous language.
- Repetitive opinions.
- Any opinion which The Daily News editor deems inappropriate to publish.
Rules & Procedures for Submitting Opinions
You may call The Daily News at 814-643-4043 from 5:30 - 8:30 p.m., Monday evenings. If you get a busy signal, hang up and try again later. If you get an open line, please start talking immediately following the beep.
- You MUST first state the name of your town or township.
- Be sure to limit your opinion to 150 words or less.
- Opinions may also be submitted via email at email@example.com on Monday nights only.
- Opinions may be submitted online at www.huntingdondailynews.com any day (24/7), but must be submitted prior to 8:30 p.m. on Monday to publish in the following Saturday’s Opinion Line.
- For questions about submitted opinions, email the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Opinion and Story Commenting
We invite you to comment on opinions and stories published on The Daily News online edition at www.huntingdondailynews.com. You must have a Daily News online subscription account to post a comment. You can comment on opinions published in the online Opinion Line anytime until the next Opinion Line. The commenting feature is available at the end of each story.
The same Policies & Standards of the Opinion Line apply to opinion and story commenting. The Daily News reserves the right to remove comments that do not comply with our Policies & Standards, including those that are in bad taste, potentially libelous, not sustained by fact, off topic and repetitive.
Letters to the Editor
If you would like to share your opinions on a topic in greater detail, consider submitting a Letter to Editor, which will publish on The Daily News editorial page.
Letters to the Editor are published every Tuesday and Thursday on The Daily News editorial page. Letters must be submitted with a signature of the submitter, their address and daytime telephone number to confirm your submission. Letters may be dropped at The Daily News office at 325 Penn Street, Huntingdon, mailed to P.O. Box 384, Huntingdon, PA 16652, or emailed to email@example.com.
Find a local business
- Celebrating a 'warrior'
- Juniata College Mexico Studies Chair warms up to Huntingdon
- Expert discusses ballot questions
- Few ballot contests in school board races
- Blue Devils rally for walk-off win over West Branch
- Lady Eagles shut out by Bellefonte
- Weekly sports scores/schedule
- Frazier rallies Pirates past Giants 3-2 in 11 innings